Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Brittany, bitch!

Also known as McKey. Because initials just don't work for Tyra Banks.

Anyway, McKey is my new superfavorite, and while I liked her weird beauty from the start, I did not pay enough attention. How could I not have noticed it before? It's like when Joey was in the fashion show to try to win scholarship money for college and sang "On My Own" from Les Miserables which totally was totally symbolic of her feelings for Dawson and then Dawson finally noticed that Joey was beautiful and that he had feelings for her and then they talked about it for like five years but never had sex. Kind of like that.

Anyway, let's review McKey's fierce photos because stupid Tyra might not let us get that far:

Photobucket
Okay, let's ignore the hellacious outfit. Perhaps it was a hint of the chain mail to come. But her body and face still look pretty great.

Photobucket
She was a bit stuck in the "boxing" pose, but her body is still posed at an interesting angle, her face looks great, and she can pull off the weird hair.

Photobucket
I love that shade of green on her, and the green eyeshadow looks great too. Her body doesn't look uncomfortable or awkward, which is a feat for someone hanging off of a rope ladder. And her face still looks fierce.

Photobucket
Makeover shot! It took a little time for the haircut to grow on me, and I could still do without the longer hair at the nape of her neck, but she can pull it off

Photobucket
See, the haircut is growing on me. And black hair, pale skin and piercing blue eyes is a HOT combo. Someone also commented quite rightly on the fourfour blog that McKey definitely has a Courtney Cox-Arquette thing happening. I definitely see it, but she is fiercer and more high fashion than Ms. Cox-Arquette, Bruce Springsteen video or no Bruce Springsteen video.

Photobucket
This shot is fine, neither here nor there for me, really. But that might be because I think it's a STUPID photo shoot idea, TYRA. Still, McKey's eyes are connecting to the camera, though her nose looks a little crooked. But I kind of like it.

Photobucket
Again, another totally ludicrous photo shoot idea, but I can't help it: I'm loving McKey in this one as well. For a completely STUPID concept, she still looks really great in the 60's mod look, and is managing to use her whole body on the set and still look fierce in the face.

Photobucket
This is one of the first shots of McKey that got a major reaction out of the judges. If I recall, some loved her face while someone might have pointed out that a losing contender for an award would have a fake smile on their face. (But then they probably would have slammed her for looking fake. Ughhh) Anyway, regardless of your interpretation of the challenge, this girl really doesn't have a bad angle on her.

Photobucket
Yay, one that the judges loved! Eyes, legs, face--all fierce!

Photobucket
And then Spontaniouse really started to fall in love. GORGEOUS. Simple, unadorned, and still gorgeous. And nothing to do with Tyra's photography.

Photobucket
Oh god. Oh god. Be still my heart. This is fucking HOT. This looks like a real ad. Awesome angles, hot ass, gorgeous face, and she is rocking the slicked-back hair.

Holy god, when she was getting ready for this shot and wearing that outfit, I was dying. I'm a sucker for this kind of look. It's the only thing that keeps me watching The L Word. SHAAAAAAAANE.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh yes, Shane. Yes, yes I do.

BUT I DIGRESS. Anyway, that is what McKey really has going for her. Androgyny is ragingly hot in editorial ads right now. (See, the early 90's are totally back!) Tyra HAS to know that. And McKey is really versatile in the kind of makeup and hair she can pull off. She can look gorgeous all across the spectrum.

I'm going to try to do a retrospective of the rest of the girls, but I might not have time. I tell you though, I looked at Anneleigh's portfolio, and all of the pictures the judges liked were TOTALLY overrated. And Samantha is just a total fucking nonentity. She had ONE good picture last week, and the rest are basically crap. JOWLS.

I do love ma petite Marjorie, but alas...she won't make it. I would love to see a McKey/Marjorie finale, but we may be stuck with the Clown Face. Predictions, fierce readers?

Also, I'm sorry that some of these pictures are getting cut off. I am too technologically stupid to know how to fix it. They're all on the official ANTM site!

1 comment:

beliefunwrought said...

Yeah, I had a WTF moment last week when I realized we're still calling this girl by her ridiculous made up name cause Tyra can't handle more than one Brittany, but DIDN'T ALL THE OTHER BRITTANYS GO HOME WEEKS AGO? Can we please call her by a real name and not something that you should be putting in a McLock? Bah. And if she doesn't win...um...well I'll be mad. It's not like I'm going to stop watching this nonsense, cause I didn't even after Tootie-the-cheater won, but if it's anyone but Mc...BRITTANY there will be some yelling at the TV.